5 May 2022
Kevin Magnussen partners with Asetek SimSports to bring true Formula 1 feeling into som racing
Copenhagen, 5 May 2022
Asetek, sim racing gear innovator, along with Kevin Magnussen, acclaimed Danish race car driver currently competing in Formula One for Haas F1 Team, announced an agreement whereby Magnussen will work closely with Asetek SimSports engineers on the development of sim racing products that replicate the true feeling of an F1 car. As part of the agreement, Kevin Magnussen will be a brand ambassador for Asetek SimSports.
Son of four-time LeMans GT class winner and former Formula One driver, Jan Magnussen, Kevin Magnussen has a celebrated racing resume including with McLaren, Renault and Haas F1 Teams. In addition to his vast amount of time on the track, Magnussen helped develop the McLaren simulator and has tested for Porsche.
– There is a lot of sim equipment that claims to emulate an Formula 1 car, but it misses the mark because it was designed by people who do not have Formula 1 racing experience. André and I share a passion for racing and by teaming up with Asetek, I can help bring the thrill and authentic feel of F1 to sim racers everywhere, says Kevin Magnussen.
– In the past I did not find home simulators to bring a whole lot of value, simply because they were not realistic. I tested Asetek’s equipment last week, and I was impressed. I am enthusiastic about assisting them in bringing forward products that feel as close to a real Formula 1 car as possible, and I appreciate that they have given me this opportunity.
– I am delighted to have this cooperation with Kevin. Many simulator equipment manufacturers market products based on a car brand or a famous driver, but the hardware is never developed to actually feel like an Formula 1 car. Our partnership with Kevin is much more than a branding agreement, where we put his signature on our products, says André Sloth Eriksen, founder and CEO of Asetek.
– What is truly exciting is that we will develop products together with the sole purpose of replicating the true feeling of a Formula 1 car. As an example, over the next few weeks, Kevin will spend a significant amount of time in our lab working closely with our engineers on the development of the best possible firmware for our wheel bases. Kevin brings tremendous experience, obviously from the track, but also from when he participated in developing McLaren’s simulator.
– Kevin is a great brand ambassador for Asetek SimSports. We share many values both on and off track, which is important to us. In my opinion, not only is Formula 1 the pinnacle of motorsports, it is bigger than that, and it will be a proud moment for me and the rest of the Asetek team when we see the Asetek SimSports logo in the Formula 1 paddock.